Sega has announced that Valkyria Chronicles 4 will be coming to the West this fall for Playstation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch.
Here is the announcement trailer, screenshots and a quick overview of the title below.
Valkyria Chronicles 4 Features:
- A Coming-of-Age Story in a Time of War – Valkyria Chronicles 4 takes place in the same timeframe as the original Valkyria Chronicles, but focuses on a whole new cast of main characters. Players will take command of the eager, young Commander Claude Wallace, engineer/heavy weapons extraordinaire Riley Miller, hotheaded Darcsen Raz, ice-cold ace sniper Kai Schulen, and more. Together, they will experience the painful realities of war–but will the bonds of Squad E’s friendships survive the frozen battlefield?
- The Next Generation “BLiTZ” Battle System – The part overhead turn-based strategy, part RPG, and part real-time 3rd person shooter “BLiTZ” battle system returns to the field. New features include an explosive new class called the Grenadier, numerous offensive/defensive battleship support options, chances for a unit to have a “Last Stand” action before death, and more. Plus, fight the imperial threat with more units on larger-scale maps than ever before.
- CANVAS Aesthetics – The series’ signature hand-drawn visual style is back and overhauled for the newest generation. Inspired by watercolor compositions, the CANVAS Graphics Engine blends visual elements of reality and imagination to create an expressive world filled with colorful emotions. Watch the journey of Squad E unfold like an interactive painting!
- The Return of a Legendary Composer – The illustrious Hitoshi Sakimoto, original composer of the Valkyria Chronicles series and countless other emotional epics, returns to provide a sweeping orchestral score for Valkyria Chronicles 4.
Valkyria Chronicles 4 will be available on PlayStation®4, Nintendo Switch™, and Xbox One™ platforms in the Americas and Europe in Fall 2018.
Sega has announced that they will release Sega Genesis Classics (titled Sega Mega Drive Classics in Europe) for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC worldwide on May 29, assets published on the company’s press site reveal. It will include over 50 Sega Genesis titles.
The collection has over 50 retro classics to experience across every genre;arcade action, shooters, beat’m ups, puzzlers, old favourites and hidden gems, with a raft of modern features. These include online multiplayer, achievements, mirror modes, rewind and save states meaning players old and new should find revisiting these great games an absolute Sonic 3D Blast. Visit the product page for more details, http://www.megadriveclassics.com.
The physical edition will be available to pre-order from US and EMEA retailers very soon. It comes complete with a double sided Golden Axe™ and Streets of Rage™ poster, identical to the ones you will see in the game’s 90s inspired retro gamer’s bedroom, the hub through which players can access the entire collection. Details of digital pre-order will be available very soon.
As if that wasn’t enough to see retro fans through to The End of the Millennium, players of the SEGA Genesis Classics on Steam will also be treated to The Treasures of King Nole in the form of a huge free update to the feature set, giving it parity with the console launch when it releases on May 29, 2018.
- Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle
- Alien Soldier
- Altered Beast
- Beyond Oasis
- Bio-Hazard Battle
- Bonanza Bros.
- Columns II
- Comix Zone
- Crack Down
- Decap Attack
- Dr. Robotnik’s Mean Bean Machine
- Dynamite Headdy
- Ecco the Dolphin
- Ecco: The Tides of Time
- Ecco Jr.
- ESWAT: City Under Siege
- Eternal Champions
- Fatal Labyrinth
- Gain Ground
- Galaxy Force II
- Golden Axe
- Golden Axe II
- Golden Axe III
- Gunstar Heroes
- Kid Chameleon
- Landstalker: The Treasures of King Nole
- Light Crusader
- Phantasy Star II
- Phantasy Star III: Generations of Doom
- Phantasy Star IV: The End of the Millennium
- Shadow Danger
- Shining Force
- Shining Force II
- Shining in the Darkness
- Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master
- Sonic the Hedgehog
- Sonic the Hedgehog 2
- Sonic 3D Blast
- Sonic Spinball
- Space Harrier II
- Streets of Rage
- Streets of Rage II
- Streets of Rage 3
- Super Thunder Blade
- Sword of Vermillion
- Vectorman 2
- Virtua Fighter 2
- Wonder Boy III: Monster Lair
- Wonder Boy in Monster World
Sonic Mania is due out digitally for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC on August 15 and with that, Sega has revealed the “Competition Mode” that will be featured in the title.
In Competition Mode, winners are determined by factors such as clear time, score, number of items acquired, number of rings acquired when clearing a level, and total number of rings acquired throughout the level. Players can adjust the rules of each match by adjusting items in the item boxes and number of rounds that take place.
Sega has revealed the limited edition box art and package details for the upcoming limited edition version of Hatune Miku: Project Diva DX, which will be a Japan exclusive.
Hatsune Miku: Project Diva Future Tone DX will launch for PlayStation 4 on November 22 in Japan.
You can check out the details below:
The three-disc “Hatsune Miku: Project Diva Memorial Collection” Blu-ray set includes promotional videos and opening movies from six Hatsune Miku titles for a total of 227 songs.
- 37 songs from Hatsune Miku: Project Diva (PSP)
- 31 songs from Hatsune Miku: Project Diva 2nd (PSP)
- 29 songs from Hatsune Miku: Project Diva Extend (PSP)
- 38 songs from Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F (PlayStation 3)
- 58 songs from Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F 2nd (PlayStation 3)
- 33 songs from Hatsune Miku: Project Diva X (PlayStation 4) + one additional song (“39” by Sasakure.UK / DECO*27 from Hatsune Miku: Project Diva Future Tone DX with the “Celebration” Module designed by Mari Shimazaki)
Limited Edition – Full Set
Limited Edition – Box Art
Limited Edition – Blu-ray Set Box Art
Sega has announced that Valkyria Revolution will launch physically and digitally for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, and digitally for PS Vita, on June 27 in the Americas with the price tag of $39.99.
Pre-orders and limited launch copies of the physical PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions will come packaged as the “Vanargand Edition.” It includes a metal pin emblazoned with the elite team’s insignia, a 12-track soundtrack by Yasunori Mitsuda (Chrono Trigger, Stella Glow), and a special outer box.
You can read a quick overview and check out the trailer of the game below.
In the wake of a revolution, Jutland’s elite soldiers, the Vanargand, must band together to defeat the Ruzi Empire and stop death itself–the Valkyria. This grizzled anti-Valkyria squad is equipped with advanced mana weaponry and has the powerful ability to wield ragnite spells to combat this terrifying threat. The unit is comprised of soldiers who have a high affinity for ragnite, and even Jutland’s own Princess Ophelia has joined the ranks. The princess carries the utmost love for her country and has answered the call of duty to liberate those who are suffering from the Ruzi’s tyranny. However, Amleth Grønkjær, the commanding officer of Vanargand hides a terrible secret. Is he friend or foe to the country he has sworn to protect?
- A Brush with Death – Turning the tide of battle in Valkyria Revolution is Brunhilde, one of the last of the ancient and powerful Valkyrur, magical beings with near limitless power. She’s bound by oath to the enemy forces and players will have to figure out how to defeat her.
- Prepare for LeGION – Valkyria Revolution has a brand new battle system that mixes real-time combat and tactical strategy. Players can take control of the battlefield using brazen combos or cunning tactics and finding a balance between them is the key to excelling in skirmishes.
- The Ingenuity of War – Through adversity comes great engineering, and with a besieged homeland, players will have upgrade their existing weapons through branching customization paths.
- A New Painterly Look – Valkyria Revolution has a refined look thanks to the new Gouache rendering engine, giving the graphics a unique canvas texture.
- Classic Composer – Valkyria Revolution has a vibrant soundtrack brought to life by the incredibly talented composer Yasunori Mitsuda (Chrono Trigger, Stella Glow).
Valkyria Revolution is not just a new chapter in the legendary Valkyria series, but a whole new entry with new characters, a new world, and new gameplay mechanics. The static, turn-based battlefield has become an action-oriented stage for devastating melee combos, lethal ranged attacks, and strategic shifts to turn the tide of battle, all while exploring the incredible history of the Circle of Five.