Sonic Mania is due out digitally for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC on August 15 and with that, Sega has revealed the “Competition Mode” that will be featured in the title.
In Competition Mode, winners are determined by factors such as clear time, score, number of items acquired, number of rings acquired when clearing a level, and total number of rings acquired throughout the level. Players can adjust the rules of each match by adjusting items in the item boxes and number of rounds that take place.
Sega has revealed the limited edition box art and package details for the upcoming limited edition version of Hatune Miku: Project Diva DX, which will be a Japan exclusive.
Hatsune Miku: Project Diva Future Tone DX will launch for PlayStation 4 on November 22 in Japan.
You can check out the details below:
The three-disc “Hatsune Miku: Project Diva Memorial Collection” Blu-ray set includes promotional videos and opening movies from six Hatsune Miku titles for a total of 227 songs.
- 37 songs from Hatsune Miku: Project Diva (PSP)
- 31 songs from Hatsune Miku: Project Diva 2nd (PSP)
- 29 songs from Hatsune Miku: Project Diva Extend (PSP)
- 38 songs from Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F (PlayStation 3)
- 58 songs from Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F 2nd (PlayStation 3)
- 33 songs from Hatsune Miku: Project Diva X (PlayStation 4) + one additional song (“39” by Sasakure.UK / DECO*27 from Hatsune Miku: Project Diva Future Tone DX with the “Celebration” Module designed by Mari Shimazaki)
Limited Edition – Full Set
Limited Edition – Box Art
Limited Edition – Blu-ray Set Box Art
Sega has announced that Valkyria Revolution will launch physically and digitally for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, and digitally for PS Vita, on June 27 in the Americas with the price tag of $39.99.
Pre-orders and limited launch copies of the physical PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions will come packaged as the “Vanargand Edition.” It includes a metal pin emblazoned with the elite team’s insignia, a 12-track soundtrack by Yasunori Mitsuda (Chrono Trigger, Stella Glow), and a special outer box.
You can read a quick overview and check out the trailer of the game below.
In the wake of a revolution, Jutland’s elite soldiers, the Vanargand, must band together to defeat the Ruzi Empire and stop death itself–the Valkyria. This grizzled anti-Valkyria squad is equipped with advanced mana weaponry and has the powerful ability to wield ragnite spells to combat this terrifying threat. The unit is comprised of soldiers who have a high affinity for ragnite, and even Jutland’s own Princess Ophelia has joined the ranks. The princess carries the utmost love for her country and has answered the call of duty to liberate those who are suffering from the Ruzi’s tyranny. However, Amleth Grønkjær, the commanding officer of Vanargand hides a terrible secret. Is he friend or foe to the country he has sworn to protect?
- A Brush with Death – Turning the tide of battle in Valkyria Revolution is Brunhilde, one of the last of the ancient and powerful Valkyrur, magical beings with near limitless power. She’s bound by oath to the enemy forces and players will have to figure out how to defeat her.
- Prepare for LeGION – Valkyria Revolution has a brand new battle system that mixes real-time combat and tactical strategy. Players can take control of the battlefield using brazen combos or cunning tactics and finding a balance between them is the key to excelling in skirmishes.
- The Ingenuity of War – Through adversity comes great engineering, and with a besieged homeland, players will have upgrade their existing weapons through branching customization paths.
- A New Painterly Look – Valkyria Revolution has a refined look thanks to the new Gouache rendering engine, giving the graphics a unique canvas texture.
- Classic Composer – Valkyria Revolution has a vibrant soundtrack brought to life by the incredibly talented composer Yasunori Mitsuda (Chrono Trigger, Stella Glow).
Valkyria Revolution is not just a new chapter in the legendary Valkyria series, but a whole new entry with new characters, a new world, and new gameplay mechanics. The static, turn-based battlefield has become an action-oriented stage for devastating melee combos, lethal ranged attacks, and strategic shifts to turn the tide of battle, all while exploring the incredible history of the Circle of Five.
Sega has announced that Sonic Mania will be not only for Playstation 4, Xbox One, and PC, but for the Switch as well. Sonic Mania is set to release this Spring.
You can read a brief overview below.
2D Sonic is back in an all-new adventure! Play as Sonic, Tails, & Knuckles as you race through all-new Zones and fully re-imagined classics, each filled with exciting surprises and powerful bosses. Harness Sonic’s new Drop Dash, Tails’ flight, and Knuckles’ climbing abilities to overcome the evil Dr. Eggman’s robots. Discover a myriad of never-before-seen hidden paths and secrets!
Puyo Puyo Tetris was originally released in Japan last year, and had rumours of coming west, but now Sega has announced that Puyo Puyo Tetris will be coming to North America and Europe for Playstation 4 and the Switch.
You can check out the trailer and overview below.
Puyo Puyo Tetris will be releasing only in physical format on the PlayStation 4, and will cost $29.99 at retail. The Nintendo Switch version of Puyo Puyo Tetris will have a digital version for $29.99 and a special retail edition for $39.99. The Nintendo Switch retail edition will include two keychains players can use to show off their Puyo Puyo or Tetris allegiance – one keychain features a green Puyo, and the other features a purple T Tetrimino. The special launch edition of Puyo Puyo Tetris on the Nintendo Switch will only be available in quantities limited to pre-orders and first-run printings of the game in the Americas. Puyo Puyo Tetris is now available to pre-order at most major game retailers.
Here’s a quick rundown of all the different ways to play:
Adventure – Single-player mode offers ten unique acts, each with ten stages featuring different characters from the Puyo Puyo and Tetris universes. Each stage contains unique challenges players will need to overcome in order to win and move on!
Multiplayer Arcade – For up to four local players, Multiplayer Arcade offers a wealth of game variants that will bring out players’ competitive nature!
- Versus – Players compete head-to-head in either Puyo Puyo or Tetris to fight in the puzzle fight of their life.
- Swap – Players’ abilities are put to the ultimate test when they compete on both Puyo Puyo and Tetris boards, which switch back and forth at set intervals.
- Fusion – A true hybrid game where players compete with Puyos and Tetriminos together on the same board, requiring deft, on-the-fly thinking to become victorious.
- Big Bang – It’s a race to the finish as players compete against each other to clear unique challenge boards as quickly as possible to win.
- Party – Players compete on Puyo or Tetris boards, but the puzzles feature special items that when activated either help players or harm their opponents.
Online – Players can try their puzzle skills on a global scale by playing any of the multiplayer modes with up to four players online in Puzzle League or Free Play modes
- Puzzle League – Increase player rating, earn ranks and aspire to new leagues in this mode for competitive enthusiasts.
- Free Play – A more casual experience where records aren’t kept and players can customize matches with unique settings, and invite their friends to play.
- Replays – Players can save and upload any online matches to show off to their friends, or search other players’ replays using the tag and filtering system to see how they tackle matches.
Solo Arcade – Play any of the Multiplayer Arcade modes against the CPU in Battle or Endurance matches, or try single-player challenges:
- Battle – Substitute human players with 1-3 CPU opponents to fight against simultaneously.
- Endurance – Go the distance in a one-on-one gauntlet of never-ending CPU opponents, racking up as many wins as possible.
- Challenge – Forget about the opponents and put skills to the test with Sprint, Marathon and more, like the quirky Tiny Puyo, which shrinks down Puyos to fit even more on the board.
Puyo Puyo Tetris will be the site of many contentious local- and online-multiplayer fights for puzzle superiority when the two games collide in spring of this year. The PlayStation 4 version will be available only in a physical format for $29.99, but the Nintendo Switch version will be available digitally for $29.99 and physically for $39.99, with a special launch edition that includes two Puyo Puyo- and Tetris-themed keychains while supplies last.