Nintendo has announced that Pokken Tournament DX will be coming to the eShop at 9pm PT/12am ET on August 23 for the Nintendo Switch.
Pokken Tournament DX is due out worldwide for Switch on September 22.
A few days ago Nintendo released a new system update to the Nintendo Switch.
The update prepares the system for the upcoming Pokken Tournament DX, which adds functionality for the Wii U’s Pokken Controller to be used as a Pro Controller.
The update also gives access to players with fightsticks who have a Brook Universal Fighting Board installed the same functionality as well. Since one of the UFB’s modes emulates a Pokkén Pro Pad, players can press and hold the 1K/LK button while plugging into the Switch for this to work.
On top of that, the update adds the ability to add friends from your 3DS and Wii U Friends Lists, receive notifications when Friends go online, use the Pro Controller via wired communication by connecting the USB charging cable, prevent unintended HDMI input change with certain TVs while the console is docked in Sleep Mode, and more.
Get the full list of changes below.
Improvements Included in Version 3.0.0
Added the following system functionality
- Register a channel to receive News for specific games
- To register, head to News > Find Channels
- Add friends from your Nintendo 3DS and Wii U Friend Lists
- To add friends, head to your My Page on the top left of the Home Menu > Friend Suggestions
- Receive notifications when your Friends go online
- To turn this ON/OFF, head to System Settings > Notifications > Friend Notifications
- Find paired controllers within communication range by activating the vibration feature
- To search, head to Controllers > Find Controllers
- Change the user icon order on the Home Menu
- To change order, head to System Settings > Users > Change Order
- Select from six new Splatoon 2 characters for user icon
- To edit your user icon, head to your My Page on the top left of the Home Menu > Profile
- Change the system volume from the Quick Settings
- To access Quick Settings, hold down the HOME Button
- Lower the maximum volume for headphone or speakers connected to the audio jack
- To lower the max headphone volume, head to System Settings > System > Lower Max Headphone Volume
* This settings will be ON when Parental Controls are enabled
- Change display colors to Invert Colors or Grayscale
- To use this feature, head to System Settings > System > Change Display Colors
- Connect a USB keyboard to the dock to type whenever the keyboard is on the screen
- Use the Nintendo Switch Pro Controller via wired communication by connecting the USB charging cable
- To enable, head to System Settings > Controllers and Sensors > Pro Controller Wired Communication
* The NFC touchpoint on the Pro Controller will be disabled while the controller is using wired communication.
- Update connected controllers
- To update, head to System Settings > Controllers and Sensors > Update Controllers
- Added a feature that suggests deletion of software data when insufficient space when downloading other software
* User save data is not deleted
General system stability improvements to enhance the user’s experience, including:
- Resolved an issue that caused game software updates to fail and prevented the software from starting
- Improvements to prevent unintended HDMI input change with certain TVs while the console is docked in Sleep Mode
The arcade edition of Pokken Tournament brings new playable Pokemon: Darkrai, and Wii U exclusive Pokemon Garchomp, Braixen, and Shadow Mewtwo. The update will also bring Wii U exclusive stages, a new Mission play mode that allows you to earn items for clearing missions.
Check out the Darkrai trailer below!