Sega has announced that Sonic Mania will be not only for Playstation 4, Xbox One, and PC, but for the Switch as well. Sonic Mania is set to release this Spring.
You can read a brief overview below.
2D Sonic is back in an all-new adventure! Play as Sonic, Tails, & Knuckles as you race through all-new Zones and fully re-imagined classics, each filled with exciting surprises and powerful bosses. Harness Sonic’s new Drop Dash, Tails’ flight, and Knuckles’ climbing abilities to overcome the evil Dr. Eggman’s robots. Discover a myriad of never-before-seen hidden paths and secrets!
Puyo Puyo Tetris was originally released in Japan last year, and had rumours of coming west, but now Sega has announced that Puyo Puyo Tetris will be coming to North America and Europe for Playstation 4 and the Switch.
You can check out the trailer and overview below.
Puyo Puyo Tetris will be releasing only in physical format on the PlayStation 4, and will cost $29.99 at retail. The Nintendo Switch version of Puyo Puyo Tetris will have a digital version for $29.99 and a special retail edition for $39.99. The Nintendo Switch retail edition will include two keychains players can use to show off their Puyo Puyo or Tetris allegiance – one keychain features a green Puyo, and the other features a purple T Tetrimino. The special launch edition of Puyo Puyo Tetris on the Nintendo Switch will only be available in quantities limited to pre-orders and first-run printings of the game in the Americas. Puyo Puyo Tetris is now available to pre-order at most major game retailers.
Here’s a quick rundown of all the different ways to play:
Adventure – Single-player mode offers ten unique acts, each with ten stages featuring different characters from the Puyo Puyo and Tetris universes. Each stage contains unique challenges players will need to overcome in order to win and move on!
Multiplayer Arcade – For up to four local players, Multiplayer Arcade offers a wealth of game variants that will bring out players’ competitive nature!
- Versus – Players compete head-to-head in either Puyo Puyo or Tetris to fight in the puzzle fight of their life.
- Swap – Players’ abilities are put to the ultimate test when they compete on both Puyo Puyo and Tetris boards, which switch back and forth at set intervals.
- Fusion – A true hybrid game where players compete with Puyos and Tetriminos together on the same board, requiring deft, on-the-fly thinking to become victorious.
- Big Bang – It’s a race to the finish as players compete against each other to clear unique challenge boards as quickly as possible to win.
- Party – Players compete on Puyo or Tetris boards, but the puzzles feature special items that when activated either help players or harm their opponents.
Online – Players can try their puzzle skills on a global scale by playing any of the multiplayer modes with up to four players online in Puzzle League or Free Play modes
- Puzzle League – Increase player rating, earn ranks and aspire to new leagues in this mode for competitive enthusiasts.
- Free Play – A more casual experience where records aren’t kept and players can customize matches with unique settings, and invite their friends to play.
- Replays – Players can save and upload any online matches to show off to their friends, or search other players’ replays using the tag and filtering system to see how they tackle matches.
Solo Arcade – Play any of the Multiplayer Arcade modes against the CPU in Battle or Endurance matches, or try single-player challenges:
- Battle – Substitute human players with 1-3 CPU opponents to fight against simultaneously.
- Endurance – Go the distance in a one-on-one gauntlet of never-ending CPU opponents, racking up as many wins as possible.
- Challenge – Forget about the opponents and put skills to the test with Sprint, Marathon and more, like the quirky Tiny Puyo, which shrinks down Puyos to fit even more on the board.
Puyo Puyo Tetris will be the site of many contentious local- and online-multiplayer fights for puzzle superiority when the two games collide in spring of this year. The PlayStation 4 version will be available only in a physical format for $29.99, but the Nintendo Switch version will be available digitally for $29.99 and physically for $39.99, with a special launch edition that includes two Puyo Puyo- and Tetris-themed keychains while supplies last.
Today Arc System Works has announced Blazblue and New Frontier Days: Founding Pioneers for the Nintendo Switch. could this mean Nintendo is actually getting support for Esports and focusing on third-party games.
We will find out as it gets closer to release.
Capcom has announced Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers for the Switch. The game will include Evil Ryu and Violent Ken who was only available in the Capcom vs SNK Serries.
You can check out an overview and video of the game below.
Capcom is pleased to announce today that Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers will be coming to Nintendo Switch! Street Fighter II, the game that defined the fighting game genre in the 1990’s returns featuring all of the classic characters, a host of brand new features as well as two new fighters; Evil Ryu and Violent Ken.
Featuring a stellar line-up of characters, players will be able to choose to fight in the classic pixel-art graphics for a retro nostalgia trip or enjoy a completely new modern look brought to you on the Nintendo Switch. In addition to the standard versus mode action, you can now choose to team up with a friend to take on a CPU opponent. Players can also use the Joy-Con feature to challenge a second player anytime, anywhere. Pull off flashy super combos and show your enemy who the strongest champion is!
We’ll have more information on Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers in the coming months.
The Nintendo Switch was announced earlier today, and like always we found out some more information on the product.
One of our Nintendo inside resource has given us list of everything that we can confirm about the Nintendo Switch:
Nintendo also announced support from the following publishers, developers and middleware partners:
- 505 Games
- Activision Publishing, Inc.
- Arc System Works Co., Ltd.
- Atlus Co., Ltd.
- Audiokinetic Inc.
- Autodesk, Inc.
- Bandai Namco Entertainment Inc.
- Capcom Co., Ltd.
- CRI Middleware Co., Ltd.
- DeNA Co., Ltd.
- Electronic Arts
- Epic Games Inc.
- Firelight Technologies
- FromSoftware, Inc.
- Grasshopper Manufacture, Inc.
- Gungho Online Entertainment, Inc.
- Hamster Corporation
- Inti Creates Co., Ltd.
- Koei Tecmo Games Co., Ltd.
- Konami Digital Entertainment Co., Ltd.
- Level-5 Inc.
- Marvelous Inc.
- Maximum Games, LLC
- Nippon Ichi Software, Inc.
- Parity Bit Inc.
- PlatinumGames Inc.
- RAD Game Tools, Inc.
- RecoChoku Co.,Ltd.
- Sega Games Co., Ltd.
- Silicon Studio Corporation
- Spike Chunsoft Co., Ltd.
- Square Enix Co., Ltd.
- Starbreeze Studios
- Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc.
- Telltale Games
- THQ Nordic
- Tokyo RPG Factory Co., Ltd.
- TT Games
- Ubitus Inc.
- Unity Technologies, Inc.
- Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment
- Web Technology Corp.
Be sure check out the tariler from our previous post right here.