Blizzard has announced that StarCraft: Remasterd will launch on PC August 14 for $14.99. The tile will be localize for the following languages: English, Brazilian Portuguese, European and Latin American Spanish, French, German, Italian, Polish, Russian, Korean, Japanese, and simplified and traditional Chinese.
There is also a pre-order bonus that will grant players the following three unique building skins for use in the game—the “Char Hive,” the “Korhal Command Center,” and the “Aiur Nexus.” Additionally, users who purchase StarCraft: Remastered will receive digital bonuses in StarCraft II, including the “Alexei Stukov” co-op commander and three unique portraits themed after StarCraft: Remastered.
Here is a quick overview:
StarCraft: Remastered adds modern conveniences to the original StarCraft experience while maintaining the same gameplay that has captivated a passionate community of gamers for almost two decades. It’s also fully compatible with the existing version of StarCraft, meaning that those who purchase the upgrade can play with those who already have StarCraft and StarCraft: Brood War. Updates and new features include:
- Full graphical upgrade of the original StarCraft and the StarCraft: Brood War expansion
- Widescreen UHD support for up to 4K resolution
- New matchmaking and leaderboards
- Player profiles that track individual statistics
- Cloud saving for campaign progress, hotkeys, and replays
- Higher fidelity music and sound
- Switch between Remastered and the original StarCraft with the click of a button!