Here is everything we know about Marvel vs Capcom Infinite and it will be releasing for Xbox One, Playstation 4, and PC in 2017.
Capcom, a leading worldwide developer and publisher of video games, today announced MARVEL VS. CAPCOM: INFINITE, the return of the highly revered action-fighting game series. Marvel and Capcom universes collide like never before as iconic characters team up for action-packed player-versus-player combat. MARVEL VS. CAPCOM: INFINITE is currently in development and will simultaneously release on the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, Xbox One®, and Windows PC worldwide in late 2017.
The epic clash between two storied universes returns with Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite, the next era of the highly revered action – fighting game series . Marvel and Capcom universes collide like never before as iconic characters team up for action – packed player – versus – player combat. Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite is currently in development and will simultaneously release on the PlayStation 4 computer entertainment system, Xbox One, and Windows PC worldwide in late 2017. Imagined and created through a shared vision between the two companies, Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite will feature a variety of exciting and accessible single player modes and r ich multi – player content for new players and longtime fans alike. In addition to single player Arcade, Training and Mission modes, a visually stunning and immersive cinematic Story Mode will put players at the center of both universes as they battle for survival against a sinister new threat. Marvel vs.Capcom: Infinite is being built to highlight a combination of iconic locations and fan favorite characters from both universes, including Capt ain Marvel and Iron Man from the Marvel side, and Ryu and Mega Man X from Capcom
- Reborn Rivalries: Universes collide once again in this all-new crossover clash for the ages, where players select their favorite Marvel and Capcom characters and engage in accessible and action-packed 2v2 partner battles.
- Infinite Power: Pulled from classic Marvel lore, unique and game-changing Infinity Stones can be implemented into players’ strategies as a way to influence the outcome of battle. Each Infinity Stone provides a unique advantage to the player and represents a different aspect of the universe: power, space, time, reality, soul, and mind.
- Iconic Heroes: Choose from a diverse roster of fan favorite characters pulled from Marvel and Capcom universes, including Iron Man and Captain America from the Marvel side, and Ryu and Mega Man X from Capcom. Many more playable characters will be revealed in the future.
- Cinematic Story: Heroes and villains battle for supremacy in a timeless struggle set in the Marvel and Capcom universes. The original storyline answers the questions regarding the new clash and lets players step into the shoes of classic characters from both sides as they wage war against powerful forces in an attempt to defeat a new villain.
- Accessible Single Player Content: In addition to the cinematic story experience, players can hone their skills in a variety of accessible single player modes, including Training, Mission and Arcade modes.
- Vast Multiplayer Features: Robust online modes and content including ranked and casual matches, global leaderboards, and online lobbies with spectator mode deepen the overall experience.
- Graphics: Unreal Engine 4 technology pushes the cinematic visuals and next-gen realism into a new era.
MARVEL VS. CAPCOM: INFINITE is being built to highlight a combination of iconic and fan favorite characters and stages from both universes, including Captain Marvel and Iron Man from the Marvel side, and Ryu and Mega Man X from Capcom. More characters, stages, modes and features will be revealed in the coming months.
Tune in to ESPN2 on Sunday at 5:30PM PST, December 4 during the Capcom Cup 2016 broadcast to see an exclusive first look of an extended gameplay trailer from MARVEL VS. CAPCOM: INFINITE.