Team17 and developer Moudy Toof has released the very first gameplay teaser revealing The Escapists 2, the forthcoming sequel to their 1.8 million-selling indie smash hit of 2015.
the all-new trailer reveals just some of what’s in store next for fans of the popular sandbox prison-escape series when it launches on Xbox One, PlayStation® 4 computer entertainment system and Steam in 2017.
- Multiplayer – In a first for the series, The Escapists 2 offers drop-in/drop- out play offering both split screen and online play for up to four players in both co-op and versus modes
- New ways to escape – Tie together knotted sheets and use them to climb down high windows in our new multi-level prisons and other new ways to make a break for freedom!
- New items to craft – Build yourself a homemade taser to knock out guards plus many more!
- New combat system – A completely revamped combat system featuring new lock-on targeting and blocking systems plus light and heavy attacks
- New graphical style – A brand new look immerses players in a deeper, richer world while maintaining that unique The Escapists style
- More character customisation – New customisation options let players tweak their avatar to a whole new level. Play as a girl! Go bald! Sport a mullet! The choice is yours
- More things to do – Join a band! Learn to paint! The Escapists 2 will offer more ways than ever to pass the time whilst incarcerated
Be sure to check the reveal trailer below.