Square-Enix has released a new 27-minute gameplay video of NieR: Automata titled “Exploring Earth’s Distant Future”, showing off some of the gameplay systems, skills, and features.
Here is what is showcased:
- “Reliquary” System – Players can return to where their characters were defeated to gain additional buffs, or even gain an ally to assist in their battle against the fearsome machines.
- 17 Different Pod Skills – Using “Pods,” your mini-robot companions, players can not only temporarily hover or be thrown distances to access additional areas, but each Pod can be programmed with a variety of offensive and defense skills, including lasers, hammers, and more. By using up to three Pods at the same time, players can also charge their skills to make them up to three times stronger.
- “Plug-in-Chip” System – By installing chips into your android body, players can increase damage and add skills to help survive against enemies.
- Riding System – Players can ride boars and other wildlife for quicker travel, while also using them to attack.
- Quest Hub – As players immerse themselves in the desolate world, they can take on a variety of sub-quests from multiple Quest Hubs scattered throughout.
- Fishing Minigame – Players can catch a variety of fish through this mini-game to sell or gain temporary beneficial status effect.
NieR: Automata will launch in North America on March 7 and the PC release will follow on March 10.
NieR: Automata’s launch date is just around the corner in North America, but Square Enix isn’t just releasing the title for PS4, but will launch NieR: Automata for PC on March 10.
This has been confirmed in the latest trailer which you can watch below. The new trailer introduces the game’s unique array of weapon types, combo system, and fast-paced battle mechanics.
During the Playstation Experience 2016, NieR: Automata had a new trailer shown along with a release date announcement.
NieR: Automata will be out next year on March 7 on Playstation 4. The Day one Edition will include a copy of the game, reversible cover art, and bonus DLC.
SQUARE ENIX and Platinum Games Inc. has announced that the upcoming NieR: Automata, will have a collaboration with FINAL FANTASY XV in early 2017. The Engine Blade, as used by Noctis in the game, will also feature as a weapon in NieR: Automata for protagonist 2B. Equipping the Engine Blade will also alter the evasion effects and damage display to match the style of FINAL FANTASY XV.
You can catch some screenshots below.
The companies haa also announced plans to feature content from the NIER series in FINAL FANTASY XV.
Further updates will follow at a later date.
Square-Enix has released some more screenshots to give players a closer look at their upcoming title NieR: Automata, coming to Playstation 4 in early 2017.
You can catch a quick overview and screenshots below.
NieR: Automata is a new third-person action role-playing game (RPG) and follow-up to the 2010 cult hit NieR. Offering a fresh blend of action and RPG gameplay styles, NieR: Automata is currently being developed in collaboration with PlatinumGames Inc. The game’s all-star development team consists of producer Yosuke Saito (DRAGON QUEST X/NIER), director YOKO TARO (Drakengard/NIER), character designer Akihiko Yoshida from CyDesignation, Inc. (FINAL FANTASY XIV / BRAVELY DEFAULT), game designer Takahisa Taura from PlatinumGames Inc. (Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance), and composer Keiichi Okabe from MONACA, Inc. (TEKKEN / Drakengard / NIER).