During the PlayStation Media Showcase at Paris Games Week 2017 pre-show DrinkBox Studios announced Guacamelee! 2 for PlayStation 4.
No release date has been announced except that it will release “soon-ish”.
You can check out an overview, screenshots, and trailer below.
Guacamelee! 2 picks up seven years after the original game. Juan Aguacate is living a happy life with his family, when his friend and trainer Uay Chivo discovers a new evil menace that threatens to destroy not only Mexico, but time and space itself.
Guacamelee! 2 is the sequel to the award-winning, Mexican-themed co-op-multiplayer Metroidvania action game, Guacamelee!. The studio took the time needed after finishing Guacamelee! to change gears with their following title Severed, all the while perculating new ideas for a Guacamelee! 2. Now, DrinkBox has happily returned to their much loved franchise.
- Non-Stop fighting action featuring an extensive move list
- Multi-dimensional Platforming
- Combat moves double as player movement mechanics, uniting platforming and fighting
- Amazing new player abilities: Eagle Boost, Chicken Glide, and many more non-bird-themed powers!
- A colorfully vibrant world containing dingy swamps, abandoned temples, arid deserts, and many other fun locations
- New rendering engine: Normal mapped characters and environments significantly enhance the game’s visuals
- Drop-in/out 4-player local co-operative play
- 300% more chickens
- 99% less memes