Blizzard has released a new update for Overwatch, which includes a new event celebrating the Year of the Rooster. The new update will take up 1.5GB and according to the trailer, the event will be running until February 13.
You can check out the details below.
New Seasonal Event: Year of the Rooster
- Grab your friends, family, and loved ones and get ready to ring in the Year of the Rooster.
- Overwatch’s Lunar New Year celebrations have begun and, for the next three weeks, we hope this seasonal event brings you happiness, prosperity, and (most importantly) lots of fun! Collect more than 100 seasonal cosmetic items from our special Lunar Loot Boxes, enjoy a festive fireworks display on Lijiang Tower, and get ready to capture the flag in Overwatch’s newest brawl. To learn more, click here.
- The “Stay as Team” button now lights up when anyone on your team clicks it
- Players can now join Team Chat from the Hero Select screen (Push “RB” on the Xbox One controller and push “R1” on the PlayStation 4 controller)
- Crouch now has a very small cooldown between uses
- Players can now equip up to 4 emotes, sprays, and voice lines from within the hero gallery
- Voice line and emote submenus can be accessed from within the Communication wheel
- Players can now bind individual sprays, emotes, and voice lines to mouse buttons, unique keys, or controller buttons
- Hero ability icons are now displayed in the Kill Feed
- Headshot eliminations are now indicated with a red icon
Hero Balance Updates
- Health increased from 200 to 400
- Armor decreased from 400 to 200
- Fusion Cannons: Bullet damage decreased from 3 to 2, Number of bullets per shot has been increased from 8 to 11
- New Hero Option: Allow Backwards Wall Ride – When enabled, allows Lucio to start wall riding while moving backwards.
- Targets are now pulled directly in front of Roadhog (rather than straight to him), except in cases where Roadhog drastically rotates
- Hooked targets are now released if they leave Roadhog’s line of sight before being pulled
- Line of sight checks (which determines if targets are hit by the hook) are now done from Roadhog’s position, rather than the hook’s position
- Fixed a bug allowing spectators to utilize the “Stay as Team” button during the end of a game
- Fixed a bug that caused the “Stay as Team” button to overlap with the Back button on the Social menu
- Fixed a bug preventing the Social menu from not correctly displaying World of Warcraft zones that have an apostrophe in the name
- Fixed a bug causing heroes to display a T-pose on the victory screen after a Mystery Heroes brawl
- Fixed a bug preventing Simple Checkout from being navigated by a controller on PC
- Fixed a bug preventing Alt+Tab from properly minimizing the game client while in fullscreen mode
- Fixed a bug preventing the Kill Feed from displaying the destruction of Teleporters, Shield Generators, and Turrets
- Fixed a visual bug with Ana’s “Toast” victory pose, causing her cup to appear blurry on the right side of the screen
- Fixed a bug causing a graphics issue with McCree’s “Hat Trick” emote
- Fixed a bug preventing the countdown timer from appearing on Mei’s Cryo-Freeze ability
- Fixed a bug with the placement of Mercy’s wings on her Valkyrie and Sigrún skins
- Fixed a bug preventing Symmetra’s Photon Barrier from playing its destruction sound effect when it is destroyed
- Fixed a bug causing Tracer’s “You Got It” voice line to play an incorrect line
- Fixed a bug preventing Widowmaker’s Venom Mine from attaching to walls
- Fixed a bug preventing Zenyatta’s Nutcracker skin from receiving a golden glow while using his Transcendence ultimate ability