The Playstation Awards is a ceremony that has been ongoing since 1995, and has been going on ever since to honor the top-selling games on Playstation consoles.
The ceremony usually lets players vote for each title to participate in the User Choice Award as well as have titles be awarded by different categories.
This year the awarded catigories are:
- Platinum Prize: Software titles (DL) with an accumulated shipment quantity (including download quantity) of over one million copies.
- Gold Prize: Software titles (DL) with an accumulated shipment quantity (including download quantity) of over 500,000 copies.
- PlayStation Network Award: Top three network sales titles will be awarded (Between October 1, 2015 to September 30, 2016).
- Users’ Choice Award: Top 10 titles voted by Japan and Asia users. (Released between October 1, 2015 and September 30, 2016.)
- PlayStation VR Special Prize: Three titles which have contributed to PlayStation VR will be awarded.
- Indies Special Prize: Five titles which has contributed to PlayStation will be awarded.
User Choice voting will open at this link today and will be available until October 20 Like every year, everyone who participates will be given a “PlayStation Awards 2016 Special Custom Theme” download code for PlayStation 4, PS Vita, and PlayStation 3, and the voter who wins the “Best Comment Prize” will win a PlayStation VR.