Kingdom Hearts On The Go!
Today is the day you can download the long awaited KH Unchained X!
“This is the next KINGDOM HEARTS chapter in the beloved series begins today as SQUARE ENIX® and Disney launch KINGDOM HEARTS Unchained χ (read as Unchained “Key”). This free-to-play app (with in-app purchases) allows players to embark on a journey that will uncover story elements from the highly anticipated KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue and KINGDOM HEARTS III, as well as the earliest parts of the series’ epic history”
Adventure across Disney’s magical and wondrous worlds in the first mobile app for the beloved Kingdom Hearts
series! Kingdom Hearts
is a tale about Light and Friendship overcoming the power of Darkness. Over the last 15 years, millions of fans have experienced the epic tale of King Mickey, Donald, Goofy, and more than 100 Disney characters joining forces with Sora, Keyblade warriors, and heroes from Square Enix’s popular Final Fantasy
video game series as they battle to protect their friends and save all worlds from the Heartless.
- Become a hero at the very beginning of the Kingdom Hearts story in the era of the Lost Masters. Gather LUX—a mysterious form of light—and fight the Heartless as you explore beautiful Disney worlds. Meet familiar faces, strengthen yourself and your Keyblades!
- Battle against the Heartless using your legendary Keyblades. Tap to attack, swipe to hit multiple enemies, and flick medals to unleash their special abilities.
- Strategize to defeat enemies in fewer turns for greater rewards by using your special attacks and finding the right balance of power, magic, and speed medals.
- Customize your hero by changing your avatar’s outfits to match your style of fashion. Be on the lookout for outfits based upon popular Disney, Final Fantasy, and Kingdom Hearts characters, as well as seasonal clothing!
- Collect and evolve hundreds of character medals, which contain the harnessed power of popular Disney and Final Fantasy heroes and villains.
- Team up with friends to challenge and take down monstrous Heartless raid bosses for even greater rewards!
- Survive the challenges in the Olympus Coliseum, where the strongest heroes can brave additional bosses and unlock the rare medals.
NOTE: An additional download of about 700MB will be required after installation of this application, so please make sure you have access to a stable internet connection. The download will expand in size during installation, and you will need a total of about 1.1 GB free in order to play this game.
Puzzle, Platforming, Destruction…..FOOD?
The battle between organic and processed foods moves to the next level in Organic Panic! Play as fresh organic vegetables and get past the evil meat and cheeses in this new 2.5 puzzle platform. Your objective: destroy all enemies, collect the diamonds, and make it to the exit!
The story, which is told through a series of comics, follows organic fruits out to destroy the evil processed food franchise. However, the story isn’t really a central part to the game, but rather gives the playable characters a back story so you never wonder, “Why the hell am I playing as a carrot that shoots fire?”
Gameplay is the best feature of the game. The DAFT (Destruction and Fluid Technology) physics engine allows you to interact with the environment as a real world environment. Ice melts, lava will burn you, and enemies will drown if you fill the stage with water. The DAFT element adds more depth to the puzzles because everything is destructible which can, of course, work for or against you. Each puzzle is well thought out and introduces new elements to the game with each stage. You can switch your character, figure out how to get two characters across the stage, leap through portals, and so much more!
A variety of modes are also available in the game. You can play solo or with up to four friends. In co-op mode you work with your friends utilizing each unique character ability to reach the end. The more you learn your character, the easier it is to work together and clear the stage. Or, you can duke it in the VS mode, finding fun ways to blow each other up. Of course, you may not be friends by the end of the night, but that’s a risk you take every time you play against each other in any game.
VisualsVisuals are reminiscent of Worms and Lemmings. Graphics take on a nostalgic essence and are an excellent mix between 3D and 2D. Stages generally feel small, but the obstacles challenge you to think of how to best use the course and character. Items, power ups, and obstacles stand out well enough for you to figure your way through each puzzle.
If you love puzzle games, this is definitely one to add to your collection. Beginning levels teach you how to play the game and gradually increase in difficulty. Once you’re a pro, you’ll find yourself wanting to go back to complete the level or beat your score. It’s not game that keeps you on edge, but it’s a great way to waste time. If I could ask for anything more from this game, I’d ask for a creation mode where I can create my own puzzles. But hey, there’s always Mario Maker, right?
You can find Organic Panic! on Xbox One, Playstation 4 and Steam. Be sure to check it out and let us know what you think!
March’s PlayStation Plus Lineup
- Dead Star (PS4)
- Zombi (PS4)
- I Am Alive (PS3)
- Savage Moon (PS3)
- A Virus Named Tom (PS Vita)
- Shutshimi (PS Vita)
Tom Clancy SalePlayStation 4
- Rainbow Six Siege – $38.99
- Rainbow Six Siege Gold Edition – $49.49
- EndWar – $4.99
- Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 – $4.99
- Ghost Recon: Future Soldier – $4.99
- Rainbow Six: Vegas – $4.99
- Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 – $4.99
- Splinter Cell Blacklist – $9.99
- Splinter Cell Blacklist Ultimate Edition – $12.49
- Splinter Cell HD – $3.74
- Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow HD – $3.74
- Splinter Cell Chaos Theory HD – $3.74
- Splinter Cell Double Agent – $4.99
- EndWar (PSP) – $2.49
- Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 (PSP) – $4.99
- Ghost Recon Predator (PSP) – $4.99
- Rainbow Six: Vegas (PSP) – $4.99
- Splinter Cell Essentials (PSP) – $2.49
Other Deals (Sale Price, PS+ Price)
- Battle Trivia Knockout (PS4) – $3.49, $1.40
- Chariot (PS4) – $7.49, $3.75
- Chariot Bundle (PS4) – $7.99, $4.00
- DJMAX Portable 3 (PSP; PS Vita) – $19.99, $10.00
- Gravity Badgers (PS Vita) – $1.49, $0.60
- Klaus (PS4) – $14.99, $10.00
- Master Reboot (PS3) – $7.49, $3.75
- Sacra Terra: Kiss of Death (PS3) – $5.99, $3.00
- Shin Megami Tensei: Persona (PSP; PS Vita) – $14.99
- Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 2: Innocent Sin (PSP; PS Vita) – $14.99
- Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable (PSP; PS Vita) – $14.99
- Square Heroes (PS4) – $2.49, $1.69
- Stikbold! (PS4) – $7.99
- The Cursed Crusade (PS3) – $2.99
- Ultratron (PS4, PS3, PS Vita) – $2.49
- Yasai Ninja (PS4) – $9.99, $5.00
- Alienation – $17.99
- Doom – $53.99 (PS+ members only)
- Invisible, Inc Console Edition – $17.99
- Stories: The Path of Destinies – $13.49
- Alienation ($17.99)
- Battleborn ($59.99)
- DARK SOULS III ($59.99)
- DARK SOULS III – Deluxe Edition ($84.99)
- Doom ($59.99/PS+ $53.99)
- FINAL FANTASY® XV ($59.99)
- Guilty Gear Xrd -REVELATOR- ($59.99)
- Homefront®: The Revolution ($59.99)
- Homefront®: The Revolution ‘Freedom Fighter’ Bundle ($79.99)
- Invisible, Inc Console Edition ($17.99)
- LEGO® Star Wars™: The Force Awakens ($59.99)
- LEGO® Star Wars™: The Force Awakens Deluxe Edition ($69.99)
- Mirror’s Edge Catalyst ($59.99)
- No Man’s Sky ($59.99)
- Overwatch: Origins Edition ($59.99)
- Ratchet & Clank™ ($39.99)
- Stories: The Path of Destinies – $13.49
- Sword Coast Legends™ ($34.99)
- Sword Coast Legends™ Digital Deluxe Edition ($59.99)
- This War of Mine: The Little Ones ($29.99)
- Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End ($59.99)
- Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End Digital Deluxe Edition ($79.99)
- Adam’s Venture: Origins ($49.99)
- Bounce Rescue! ($9.99)
- Chariot Bundle ($15.99/PS+ $3.99)
- Dead Star ($19.99/PS+ Free)
- Dirt Rally ($59.99)
- Enter the Gungeon ($14.99)
- Far Cry 4 + Far Cry Primal Bundle ($69.99)
- Lovely Planet ($9.99)
- PieceFall ($2.49)
- Stikbold! A Dodgeball Adventure ($7.99)
- Warhedz ($4.99)
- WRC 5 eSports Edition ($49.99)
- Amplitude ($19.99)
- Mega Man Legends 2 ($9.99)
PS Vita Games
- Assassin’s Creed Chronicles Trilogy ($24.99)
- A Virus Named Tom ($9.99/PS+ Free)
- Green Game: TimeSwapper ($4.99)
- Skullgirls 2nd Encore ($24.99)
Break ups can be tough and it can get even harder when your ex comes after you for everything you own. This is exactly what is happening between Konami and game developer Hideo Kojima. After a long, drawn out break up which started in 2015, Hideo Kojima, now partnered with PlayStation, has bought all the rights to Konami.
After long talks with PlayStation in early 2016, it was decided by both parties to buy out Konami. Doing so would not only give Kojima the rights for the Metal Gear Solid series, but allow him to resurrect the dead Silent Hills project.
As of yet there is no word on how much Kojima offered Konami.
If we’ve learned anything from this sordid relationship, we have certainly learned that payback can be a bitch. Sign those prenupts, and have a happy April Fool’s day!
Team New Challenger Gaming